Self employed? Or ready to be your own boss? This book is for you! Working for Yourself provides all the legal and tax information you need to start your business off on the right foot–and run it successfully.
Whether you’re an independent contractor, freelancer, consultant, or considering self-employment, it all adds up to the same thing: you need to be more aware of laws and taxes than the average person. Get all the information you need to know to:
- obtain necessary permits and licenses
- determine how much to charge your clients
- write legally binding contracts and avoid unfair ones
- qualify for independent contractor tax treatment
- make the most of your tax deductions and comply with strict IRS rules
- get benefits (including health coverage) and insurance
- keep accurate records in case you get audited, and
- make sure you’re paid in full and on time.
The 10th edition is completely revised to provide the up-to-date information you need, including recent changes in tax law and business practices (from pricing services to buying insurance).
“As an independent contractor, you are your boss. This is why Fishman’s book is so important.” New Orleans Times-Picayune
“Covers everything independent contractors need to know.” Business Life
“Working for Yourself is the all-in-one, trusted, legal and tax resource every IC needs. It is ideal for readers who are tired of doing endless web searches for legal and tax information, who need one easy-to-use and authoritative resource. This well-organized reference will help them successfully start and run their operations in a business-like manner.” Savannah Jones, SirReadaLot.org